Saturday, May 1, 2010

Sadie's Pink China Dress

I'll always remember the moments when I'd just delivered a baby and the nurse handed them to me for the first time. Looking at their little red faces and just taking them in for the very first moments of their lives. These seconds are engrained into my memory forever. Just as amazing as those moments were, seeing Sadie for the first time will always be a favorite memory of mine. In a small room, sweltering heat, filled with smiling and crying people I sat wondering if I'd recognize our girl when they brought her in. Maybe she'd look different, afterall we didn't know how old the pictures we'd seen of her really were. But then there she was, so tiny and dressed in the cutest pink dress I'd ever seen, running towards us. I will never, never forget that.
In the eight months she's been with us I've wanted to take some pictures of her in that pink dress. Finally, worried it might be getting too small we took some pictures at Grandma and Grandpa Reeder's home.
She definitely fills the dress out a little better. The hair-do is probably more my taste than hers. And as I look at these pictures, I cannot believe the things this child has learned in 8 months. The dress may still fit, but she has changed in ways I can't believe.
These are pictures I won't need, because the memory will always be better, but I'll enjoy looking at them all the same.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

sweet girl we love her stan & deb

Roger Pulsipher said...

So cute! She makes my day by running up and giving me a big hug almost every day at school!