Todd: Finally got a new suit and shoes for church. This was looooooooong overdue. He's trying to start up running again to train for the TOU 1/2 marathon, but life often gets in the way of running time. My guess is he will get serious about it here shortly. He also has motorcycle fever and can often be found drooling over pictures on KSL.
Nikki: I have been in a cupcake baking frenzy for at least a month. I got a new cookbook for Christmas and am hosting bookclub. My neighbors have gained weight from our sharing. Maybe it's strategic so I'll run faster than them. I'm also trying to run and hit 5 miles this past weekend. My legs are threatening shin splints but what's running without an ache or pain. When I'm not running literally, I'm running kids or myself to some event. I'm currently helping with PTA, Heritage Days, 20 year high school reunion and Relay For Life. I'm overbooked and it's entirely my own fault. If the appraisal goes through, my parents are selling their home. I was raised in that home and lived there until I was married. I'm grateful that memories go with you and for all the good ones created in those rooms.
Austin got a note sent home from the school nurse telling us he needed an eye exam. He lasted longer than most kids in my family. We are give contacts a go later this week. He's busy with scouts and young mens, reluctantly camping out with friends and dad. He had his fourth laser treatment of the year and they are making great progress in lightening his birthmark. Austin REALLY wants a pet snake for his upcoming birthday. His dad REALLY hates snakes. I'm not sure if it will be a happy birthday or not yet....dad is still thinking.
Sadie started soccer...during her first game she ran more that half hour than she ever had. She scored 2 goals during her second game. They were more about being in the right place at the right time than skill, but I was cheering as if she were a pro! Her games are indoor and the walls create the out of bounds. We were a bit nervous about the 80 lb. kid on the opposing team, but he was so happy to be playing he scored all the points for both teams. It's also not uncommon for teammates to hold hands while running down the gym, leave the game during play for a drink break, or simply go sit by their parents for a little nap. It's my favorite entertainment all week. Her biggest thrill of the season so far was that her team received the blue colored shirts.
Hayden, Sara, Sadie and Carson all participated in a fashion show. They were only involved with one set, but seemed to have fun. Carson was supposed to flex his muscles, but we preferred his deer-in-the-headlights smile at center stage. Sadie is excited to be participating in events the other kids have done that she's seen pictures of. She's experiencing the full Snyder year and it's fun to add her into the events we look forward to. As we all lay on the blanket at Sara's soccer game cheering for Sara, I couldn't help but smile at how she's one of us. She just doesn't look back and I'm thankful to be sharing my blanket with one more Snyder kid!
With talent like this (see below), you can see why they are recruited for Fashion Shows. Doesn't this just bring a tear to your eye.....yes, I'm talking of joy and pride!
Carson refuses to wear shorts even when it's close to 80 degrees. It might be a hot summer. He continues to keep us laughing with the great things that come out of the mouth of 3 year olds. When we were in St. George Todd ask him if he thought the temple was pretty. He thought about it for a minute and then replied "It sure is big!" He sounded like an 80 year old man shooting the breeze.
A few days ago Carson found ants by the sliding door. I sprayed them and as the last few were staggering around he yelled down at them "My mom killed your friends!" If the fumes didn't do them in, he was going to threaten them to death.
He's also the king of coloring and writing abc's. We continue watching and wondering if he's left handed--it seems to be more dominant, although he continues to switch back and forth.
So that's it....off we go, to piano recitals, princess pagents deadlines, Wellsville Mile training.....we are anything but bored!

1 comment:
You make me tired & feel like a bump on a log!
Post a Comment