9 years ago
Sunday, April 18, 2010
Candy, Candy, Candy!
Ahhh, Easter morning, when you can eat candy for breakfast guilt free. Or in Sara's case, squeezy cheese straight in your mouth without the cracker. Easter fell on conference weekend this year, so it was a full morning of egg finding and sugar binging. Everyone had over 30 eggs filled with money and candy of their own color to find, and a basket filled with a few of their favorites. The Easter Bunny is always generous because he knows mom will be sneaking a few treats when the kids aren't looking. Apparently this won't be a problem, because two weeks later we still have bags of candy. (Mom and Austin haven't been given free rein on everything yet.)
Everyone had a great time coloring eggs. Austin wasn't last this year to finish...he always works on his projects the full time he can. I don't care how old I get, I still love seeing the colors when the kids lift the egg out of the glass it's being colored in, and their little faces light up with excitement as well. The sad part was not getting to roll them because of the snow, really cold weather, and then leaving for St. George. Carson and Sadie were on the verge of tears when they caught me throwing them away weeks later. I should have cracked one open and let the smell cause a different kind of tears.
Carson even managed to choose colors besides blue. Sadie and Sara actually enjoyed eating a few of theirs, which is a nice change from throwing them down the hill for the seagulls the live near Old Main. I've always wondered if birds get gas, because after an egg feast like that on old main, it would be nasty!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I'd bet the candy stash at my house rivaled the one at yours! And I have almost half as many kids!
I bet you're always the best treat mom!
Post a Comment