Dear Kids,
There are many things I hope you become when you are grown, and there is one characteristic I've been thinking of all week. I'll never remember this when I'm asked what I want my kids to be like and I'll probably forget to remind you enough times over the next twenty years, so I'm writing it down for you to find someday.
Of all the great things you can become, one of those that are high on my list is a man/woman of your word. If you say you are going to do something then DO IT! If you know you won't follow through, or even really mean to but know you probably won't, then don't say you will. If you apply for employment and get the job then show up and do the best you can. If you say you'll call somebody do it. It doesn't matter how small or how big the task at hand is, if you say you'll do it, then do it.
I realize life happens, but it's happening for everyone else as well, and they are depending on you. I'm not writing this because of some great let down. I've just realized this is important to me and hope to pass this value on to you, but wonder how you can do this other than by example. I greatly appreciate people I know that value keeping their word. I hope I am one of them.
Love, Mom
9 years ago

1 comment:
You are such a good example of this. They will feel so much more capable because they've watched you model it!
Post a Comment