Sunday, January 10, 2010

Love Is In The Air

Carson has become the resident comedian lately. He must also be running for a political office, because he's constantly telling me things I'd like to hear. "Mom, I love you." "Mom, I need to go potty." Apparently he doesn't need Todd's vote though because at night he loves climbing in bed by me while Todd's brushing his teeth. When Todd comes over and accuses him of stealing his spot he just smiles. When Todd asks where he should sleep, Carson with a sly smile points to floor beside the bed. I love three year olds. Reasoning begins and you remember the sanity that can bring.

I also love hearing children laughing from an entire floor away and discover them in the depths of fun....
It might not be politically correct, but I love when Sadie wears this shirt. I think it's fine because we put it on her with pride...
I love finding notes like this taped on bedroom doors even when they aren't for me and hoping all those lectures about loving your family really are sinking in....
I love a good fat sugar cookie with frosting equivalent in height....and I love my children's heightened interest in cooking when there is cookie dough or frosting in the kitchen.....
I love watching Hayden and Sara play basketball.....and I love catching a candid shot of friendship....
I love looking into my laundry room and seeing these two beauties who just took up residency to make my laundry Monday a little more cheery.....
I love watching my children demolish their gingerbread houses with hammers....almost as fun as decorating them was....
I love realizing my ordinary life is full of things to love!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love that shirt on her too!
Don't suppose the girls will be around for Sam's bday this year? She would be in 7th heaven! Let me know when you're going out of town & maybe we'll have a random birthday party this year! ;)