I really enjoy blogs when they cover only one topic in each post. Mine is not one of those blogs. That would require posting all the time, and time is too valuable. Weekly posts are filled with this and that and remind me of my own train of thought---jumping around constantly. So here's a little of this and a bit of that.
If we put this weekend into song it would start out "It's beginning to look a lot like..." The blizzard came and Saturday was thoroughly enjoyable sitting by the fire, reading a good book, eating cookies. The kids were outside soaking up the first big snow fall until their cheeks were flaming red. Even Sadie enjoyed it much longer than I expected she would her first Cache Valley snow. I should have know she's a typical kid and there is just no holding them back when the snow starts falling. They stand at the window with their noses pressed against it until you break out the snow pants, bundle them until they look square, and send them on their way.

I hosted my 4th annual cookie exchange this week. Twenty women with four dozen cookies each means many happy husbands in my neighborhood. I love the cookies....I love the friendship....it's a great recipe for fun. Todd was sick enough that cookies didn't even sound good, so I've been taste-testing my way through the weekend. It's a rough job, but I'm up for the challenge!

There have been comments from friends and teachers in the jump Sadie's vocabulary has taken this week. She amazes people with her almost sentences. "This my homework." "Thank you play me." I wouldn't call it an explosion, but I'm guessing that isn't far away. Her favorite phrases still remain "What are you doing?" and "Why not?" I bet we hear them everyday, multiple times. Maybe she's very inquisitive, maybe she just likes saying them. My favorite continues to be her counting, "One, two, flee..." darn those "th's" if they aren't tricky! I keep thinking she might be growing along with her vocabulary at the rate she eats. She isn't picky and does like a good full plate! It might take 45 minutes, but she'll eat a bunch and then some.

I enjoyed the Veterans Day assembly at the elementary school. I love the flag, the pledge of allegience and the patriotic songs. I love honoring brave people and remembering what a great country I live in. Along those lines, Hayden's pack meeting was focused on heros this month. Each scout was to choose a hero that they personally know and write up a short tribute to them to present at Pack Meeting. Hayden chose his brother Austin. He wrote some great reasons he looks up to him, experiences they've shared, and humorous things about someone he has admired his whole life. It was difficult for Hayden to share things so close to his heart. As a mom I am grateful for boys who are worth admiring and who love each other only like brothers can. They have shared an amazing closeness in all their years. In the season of gratitude, I'm thankful for the people I share a home with, and the opportunity I have to be a mom to five of the best kids around.
1 comment:
I think you chose a great hero Hayden! I remember when Aleisha chose me as her hero and wrote a presentation on it. It made me feel so good that I had made an influence on her. I am sure Austin feels the same. Hope you are all enjoying the snow :P
Post a Comment