.JPG)
The above picture is of a lego. Probably the smallest lego that is made by the company. At our house it's the most expensive one we've got though. We paid $40 for this lego. Why you ask? Because that was the copay required by the insta-care office that removed it from Carson's nose! While we'd prefer an entire set for that price, we'd like to think we've also purchased a bit of knowledge for Carson of NOT STICKING THINGS UP YOUR NOSE.

The week did have a bright side as well. We headed to SLC to visit our social worker for the 6 month visit (it's a bit early), seeing the capitol building (checking off a merit badge requirement for Austin) and seeing the lights at temple square. It was cold but beautiful.

Sadie was able to have a friend from school come over for a play date this week. It was a big first for her. I have to admit to being a bit nervous, but it went as smoothly as one of the other kids having someone over. I also talked with her ESL teacher for a minute and she shared a cute experience. Last week they were learning names for family members--mother, father, sister, brother. She said Sadie was very enthusiastic to share with everyone that "she has a
Heavenly Father!" At home we use the term "dad" and at church she hears "father". I had to smile at her innocence and was happy to know she is learning in all areas of her life. As I sit and do homework with her I am amazed. She is smart. She is brave. She is silly. She is happy. She is willing. I wonder how many children could thrive when faced with such a new lifestyle, yet she continues to progress and do it with a smile.
On Wednesday I wore my USU shirt, since Todd and I were going to the basketball game that night against BYU. Sadie saw my shirt and asked "you go Aggie Bull?" She is more settled with my leaving now. And yes, we did go see the Aggies. And yes, they did beat BYU. And yes, Todd watched the game twice more this week. And yes, it was loud and lots of fun!
2 comments:
Sorry to hear about the lego :( I think all little boys stick something up their nose's don't they? haha
Sounds like Sadie is learning lots and doing good.
Hayden can do the Nikki face WAY too good! How did the boutique go?
Post a Comment