Todd headed to China Saturday morning with three other co-workers. He should be there for about ten days, unless work decides to send him on to Germany. I think he's trying to imitate either rock stars or general authorities in being able to say he's actually flown around the world.
I got together a group of friends in the neighborhood to kidnap one who was having a birthday. We went out for ice cream at 9 pm at night and had so much fun we were "shushed" by teenagers and questioned by a police officer who had stopped by for an off-duty (I assume) snack. Laughing with friends is great medicine for stress and every day insantiy!
Sadie has been with us long enough to begin repeating weekly/monthly activities. I think she enjoys the familiarity. It's comforting when dinner is spaghetti and I know she will like it, or it's pack meeting night and she's off playing with the kids in the activities. Her ESL teacher sent home some flash cards to help build vocabulary. Just think for a minute, how many words you use in just a couple minutes of conversation. She participates in everything and enjoys to the fullest of understanding that she can. It was red ribbon week at school and the children dress in a different color each day. She was fine until Friday came and she couldn't wear the kitty shirt she'd wanted to all week--we considered her participation duty complete and chose kitty shirt and Sadie happiness above the color purple! She also got a big kick out of "booing" the neighbors by leaving Halloween treats on their door, knocking, and running to hide in the dark.
So there you have it...a week of the usual, Snyder style. We'll try bumping into the Queen of England or something to pick it up a little this week.

4 comments:
Ordinary is what life is all about!
I thought it was great! You have read my blog, right?!? I always feel like I am rambling weird things. But then I look back and I am so glad I wrote that memory or moment down. "It's the little things that make life big!" Also, I didn't know Sara grew cucumbers! She is my kind of girl :)
Ha ha that last picture of Austin and Hayden together makes me laugh! Its such a classic Reeder family look!
Hi Snyders! I'm glad to hear things are going so well! I'm bummed that I missed you at the marathon finish line though - I stood there for hours, "catching" finishers. I would have loved a glimpse of your beautiful girl. We still need to get our families together - would Sadie feel comfortable at our place for dessert?
Post a Comment